Waste System &
Lagoon Treatment

Dairy Product Information



How does all of this apply to livestock waste lagoons?


The majority of swine and dairy operations have lagoons that are constructed in a similar manner to those found in small rural communities. In municipal wastewater treatment facilities, these structures are known as aerobic lagoons. They are normally constructed in a series so that liquids can flow naturally from one lagoon to the next. A livestock lagoon is really nothing more than a storage system to contain the livestock waste until it is convenient to pump out and apply onto cropland for final use as a nutrient source for plant life. The accumulation of solids can take the form of either a buildup on the bottom or a crust on the top. When this happens it can be difficult to correct by agitating and pumping, and odors become more noticeable. This is when, if nothing has been done, you can have a loss of holding capacity which can only be corrected through expensive removal of the solids by using mechanical measures. Now is the time that Bioverse treatments are needed the most. With the AgraSphere’s by Bioverse, you will be able to simply toss them into the problem areas, allowing them to sink into the sludge and concentrate the treatments where treatments are needed. In most lagoon applications we advise to use 70% of the treatment where the problem is and the remaining 30% throughout the other areas. This one of a kind treatment will help turn a lagoon storage system into a lagoon treatment system. The Bioverse Lagoon products (AgraSphere LGT) are effective and affordable in maintaining your lagoon.

Why is bacteria the ideal treatment choice for livestock waste systems?


Bacteria is not new to livestock waste treatment plans. For years many natural bacteria have been hard at work reducing organic material contamination, and without it, we would be overwhelmed with generations of plant and animal waste accumulation. With the concentrated storage of animal waste plus the increased use of distillers (DDG) in feed rations, additional natural bacteria are needed to efficiently and effectively break down retained livestock waste. The Bioverse products offers an opportunity for natural bacteria to be added to enhance the natural breakdown of livestock waste.

The Bioverse products are effective as they add additional specific strains of high powered bacteria to enhance liquefaction. These bacteria are microscopic living organisms which breakdown waste through simple digestion (essentially they eat it). The byproducts of this process are water and carbon dioxide gas. The AgraSphere and Activator Plus formulations produce their own enzymes and act as a constant catalyst to assist in the digestion process. The additional bacteria attach themselves to the livestock waste, secrete enzymes and begin the breakdown process. Bacteria multiply rapidly when a food source is present, multiplying several times per hour.

Will I receive soil/crop benefits from manure treated with Bioverse products?


Yes. With the correct liquefaction process, much of the nitrogen in the livestock waste is captured in the bodies or cells of the bacteria that have been growing in the pit or lagoon. This form of nitrogen is organic, which will release slowly, feeding crops as the bacteria degrades in the soil. Untreated livestock waste may cause burning to crops if over applied due to the high levels of ammonia and fast acting nitrogen. This is what we mean when we say, “AgraSpheres treat livestock waste nutrients”.

Are Bioverse products safe?


Completely safe! The bacteria used in the Bioverse products are all natural occurring enzyme producing strains. This means they are non-pathogenic (to humans, animals, and plants) and are free from any strain of Salmonella or E. coli. Bioverse products cause no short or long-term detrimental environmental effects because the entire product (even the hard shell casing) is 100% biodegradable.


Bioverse Agricultural Products

Click below for more product info.

PRODUCT USAGE
AgraSphere™* Treats most livestock deep pit systems
AgraSlat™ Treats livestock deep pit systems through the slats
Lagoon Agra Sphere Treats all types of lagoon waste systems
Activator Plus Treats top level crusting and pull plug systems
Lagoon Activator Treats top level lagoon crusting
Compost Plus* Rapidly activates a compost pile
Digester-CF Rapidly digests feed spills and organic matter
BioCide Natural-based insecticide for Ag, farm and home
Agra Oil Deep pit foam reducer

* BioverseAg Top 10 New Products for 2012 & 2013, World Pork Expo

Additional Resources